- The Stanford Hall Concours d’Elegance is for unmodified vehicles only. Owners of custom and modified vehicles will not be allowed to enter and the Concours Manager’s decision on this will be final.
- All entries must now be accompanied with an up to date photograph, even if you have entered before. Digital paper copies will be sufficient or alternatively electronic copies can be e-mailed to email@example.com.
- All vehicles must have been registered for at least three years or have covered a minimum of 20,000 miles. Owners of vehicles which do not meet these criteria may still enter but on a display basis only.
- As in previous years, all classes, except super class, will be strictly limited to 10 vehicles, so pre-booking is strongly recommended, and is becoming increasingly essential to avoid disappointment on the day.
- The Super Class will, as always, be open to last year’s class winners. (Classes 1-18). Once again this will be divided into two sections, these being for vehicles from Classes 1-11 and 18 and Classes 12-17.
- As Classes 11 and 17 may have potential winners from the air-cooled or water-cooled era, their winners from last year may fall into the first or second half of the Super Class.
- Class 5 (1302/1303 Super Beetles) has had little support over the last few years and will, once again, be included into Class 3. If there is sufficient interest, however, the class may be reinstated.
- Entries on the day cannot be guaranteed and are only accepted at the discretion of the Concours Manager, and then only if space permits.
- All entrants should ensure that they are in position, ready for judging by 10.30am.
- You must be prepared to leave your vehicle in the Concours area until after the awards ceremony at approximately 4.00pm.
Failure to comply with this rule will result in disqualification. The organisers feel strongly about this above clause and would point out that they offer free entry and, as such, ask participants to leave their vehicles in place for the paying public’s viewing pleasure.
- Stanford Hall, in common with most other VW events, penalises vehicles which are brought to the event on a trailer, and/or do not appear roadworthy or in conformity with MOT requirements.
- Stanford Hall is a member of the loose association of VW Classic Concours Shows, which was introduced to standardise judging sheets and judging criteria.
- As in previous years, there will be a special entry gate (shown on the rear of the entry swinger sent to entrants as confirmation of booking), which will provide an excellent “fast-track” entry to the grounds. PLEASE ENSURE YOU DISPLAY THIS ON YOUR REAR VIEW MIRROR WHEN ENTERING THE SHOW GROUND.
- Please note that all vehicles are displayed entirely at the owners’ risk and neither Stanford Hall nor the Leicestershire & Warwickshire VW Owners’ Club accept any liability for actions beyond their control.
- Please complete the enclosed entry form only if you are certain of attending the event, as non-attendance spoils the continuity in the layout of the Concours area and may prevent other enthusiasts from attaining a place.
Classes – Full information is on the Booking Form.